1851 - 1910
||30 Mar 1851
||Chambersburg, Franklin, PA
||25 Dec 1910
||Mancos, Montezuma, CO [2, 3, 4]
||Mancos, Montezuma, CO
||Everett Family Tree
||24 Feb 2005 |
||Leonard SELLERS, b. 30 Nov 1812, , PA , d. 1864, Green Twnshp, Franklin, PA |
||Elizabeth Charlton LOCK, b. 6 Oct 1813, d. Abt 1890 |
||22 Sep 1835
||, Franklin Co., PA
||Eliza Or Elida WEAVER, b. 1 Oct 1850, Monticello, Piatt, Il , d. 19 Mar 1928, Mancos, Montezuma, CO  |
||25 Dec 1873
||Monticello, Piatt, Il 
| ||1. Leonard BERRY SELLERS, b. 9 Feb 1875, Monticello, Piatt, Il , d. 1931|
| ||2. Ella Edith SELLERS, b. 23 Dec 1877, Monticello, Piatt, Il , d. 19 Jul 1878, Monticello, Piatt, Illinois |
|>||3. Lillie Myrtle SELLERS, b. 8 Oct 1884, Monticello,Piatt,Illinois , d. 19 Nov 1951, Albuquerque, Bernallio, NM |
- !The Sellers probably lived on a farm near Fayetteville, east of Chambersburg. War broke out bewtween the states on 12 Apr 1861 and the confederates invaded Franklin Co. three times. It was the only area in the North so to suffer. Chambersburg was General Lee's headquarters prior to the battle of Gettysburg. Frank's 14 year old brother, leonard McKnight, walked the 19 miles to hear Abraham Lincoln's famous speech on 19 Nov 1863. Did Frank who was only 12 go with him? We can imagine his family was anxious to hear the report. Both of Frank's older brothers, Amos and Charles served in the war on the Union side. David Everett now has the gun used by one of Frank's brothers during the Civil War.
!Shortly after 1870, James Franklin went to Monticello, Piatt Co., Ill. Amos was already there after living for awhile in Fort Wayne, Indiana and Charles probably spent some time in Monticello before moving to Beulah, Colorado in 1876.
- [S25] State of Colorado, Death Record, Registration # 10793, 27 Dec 1910.
Cause of Death, Gastritis. Contributing factor Stomach trouble of 31 years. lists birth as March 30, 1851. Birthplace Fayette Co Pa. Occupation Ranch man, Father Leonary Dellers born VT and Elizabeth locke born Pa.
- [S22] Pueblo Chieftain, Obituary of J. F. Sellers.
- [S23] Beulah News, Obitruary of J. F. Sellers.
- [S24] Colorado Death Certificate..
- [S93] State of Illinois, Marriage record..
- [S92] Piatt Co, Illinois Marriage Record.